Peter D.

Default Avery label templates

I have tried to set up label printing using the A4 Avery templates in Word
2003 (the labels are Avery L7160) but the results are useless. The template
exists and appears to be ok but when the sheet is printed the labels are
nearly all outside the label borders. Any suggestions?
Doug Robbins

Try printing to ordinary paper. It that is OK, then your problem is with
your printer. A lot of InkJet printers have great difficulty feeding labels
accurately.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Peter D." wrote in message
I have tried to set up label printing using the A4 Avery templates in Word
2003 (the labels are Avery L7160) but the results are useless. The
template
exists and appears to be ok but when the sheet is printed the labels are
nearly all outside the label borders. Any suggestions?

Peter D.

My printer is an HP Laserjet 6 and the printing is so far off line that it is
obviously a problem of formatting not the printer. The first line of labels
are about right but all the others cross the edge of the labels. Used to use
Avery's proprietary software but doesn't work with Windows XP.

"Peter D." wrote in message
I have tried to set up label printing using the A4 Avery templates in Word
2003 (the labels are Avery L7160) but the results are useless. The
template
exists and appears to be ok but when the sheet is printed the labels are
nearly all outside the label borders. Any suggestions?

Doug Robbins

Labels are just tables with fixed cell dimensions. Are you sure that you
have the right labels selected under ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes
and Labels?

With that label selected in the Label Options dialog, click on the Details
button and compare the dimensions of the label shown there to those on the
sheets that you have (using a ruler).

Top margin 15.9mm
Label height 38.1mm
Side margin 7.2mm