Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debi in Fort Worth Debi in Fort Worth is offline

Default Setting Internet Parental Controls

I am trying to pass the Word 2003 certification test. One of the functions I
must do is set parental controls for the internet from Word 2003. I know you
can do it from Control Panel, but there has to be a way to do it form Word or
they wouldn't have it on the exam. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you try the Help file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Debi in Fort Worth" Debi in Fort wrote in
message ...
I am trying to pass the Word 2003 certification test. One of the functions
must do is set parental controls for the internet from Word 2003. I know
you
can do it from Control Panel, but there has to be a way to do it form Word
or
they wouldn't have it on the exam. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Wow, is that obscure! It is in the Help, though -- if you search for
"parental" and then think to look in the topic "Add or change research
services". (Errr.... right!)

Display the Research task pane and click the Research Options link at
the bottom. In the Research Options dialog, click the Parental Control
button. The next box lets you turn on filtering and set a password.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:36:02 -0800, Debi in Fort Worth Debi in Fort
wrote:

I am trying to pass the Word 2003 certification test. One of the functions I
must do is set parental controls for the internet from Word 2003. I know you
can do it from Control Panel, but there has to be a way to do it form Word or
they wouldn't have it on the exam. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debi in Fort Worth Debi in Fort Worth is offline

Wow is right! I think I love you! I've applied to the Foreign Service and
I've tried twice to pass the Word 2003 certification test. This was one of
the roadblocks! By the way...anyone in Fort Worth available for a bit more
troubleshooting?? I HAVE to pass this test! Thanks again Jay! I would never
have found it. Debi