Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hstijnen hstijnen is offline

Default How to keep file location in Insert Picture From File?

Hi,

I want to insert some pictures from file. I know how to set the default
location for pictures in de Options dialog. My question is, when I browse to
another directory in the dialog for inserting picture, is it possible to keep
that location, so that the dialog next time comes up with that location?

Thanks for suggestions

Henk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is possible, but to make it happen you have to sacrifice having a
default location. If you don't specify the default folder for pictures, then
Word will default to the last used. If you have already set a default (as
you obviously have), then a Registry edit is required to delete the setting.
Search the Registry for PICTURE-PATH. You'll find it in a key such as
HKEY_CURRENT_\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\ Options. Right-click on
the PICTURE-PATH entry and choose Modify. Clear the path from the entry and
click OK.

"hstijnen" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I want to insert some pictures from file. I know how to set the default
location for pictures in de Options dialog. My question is, when I browse

another directory in the dialog for inserting picture, is it possible to

keep
that location, so that the dialog next time comes up with that location?

Thanks for suggestions

Henk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hstijnen hstijnen is offline

Thanks, Suzanne!

Fortunately with me making blank the default location in ToolsOptions also
works!

Regards, Henk

"hstijnen" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I want to insert some pictures from file. I know how to set the default
location for pictures in de Options dialog. My question is, when I browse

another directory in the dialog for inserting picture, is it possible to

keep
that location, so that the dialog next time comes up with that location?

Thanks for suggestions

Henk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Interesting. I'd always assumed (from the instructions I'd received) that
that wasn't possible.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is possible, but to make it happen you have to sacrifice having a
default location. If you don't specify the default folder for pictures,

then
Word will default to the last used. If you have already set a default

(as
you obviously have), then a Registry edit is required to delete the

setting.
Search the Registry for PICTURE-PATH. You'll find it in a key such as
HKEY_CURRENT_\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\ Options. Right-click

on
the PICTURE-PATH entry and choose Modify. Clear the path from the entry

and
click OK.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.