Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Calculated Fields

Hi,
Recently I started using calculated fields in word extensively. I write a
lot of technical documents with a lot of calculation in them. Since all
calculations are chain-like I am assigning values to variables and then use
them. At the end of the document I end up with more than 100 variables which
are difficult to track.
So my question is how can I track my variables in Word (something like a
panel where I can see them)?
Is there any other efficient, or cleverer, way to complete my task?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The following macro list all the docvariables with their values

Sub ShowVariables()
Dim oVar As Variable
Dim sText As String
sText = ""
For Each oVar In ActiveDocument.Variables
sText = sText & oVar.name & vbTab & oVar.Value & vbCr
Next oVar
MsgBox sText
End Sub