Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonySper

Default Save As delay problem

I am using Office 2003.
Each time I try and save my file using the Save As command and then
click on the down-arrow to the right of the Save In default folder I
have to click it 2 or 3 times and then it says that Save As not found
and finally the hour glass comes up and after sometimes a one minute
delay the folder will allow me to select another folder. Been trying
to fight this for 3 months. Finally asking for help HELP!!
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
TonySper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop,
left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped
drives that are not currently available.

TonySper wrote:

I am using Office 2003.
Each time I try and save my file using the Save As command and then
click on the down-arrow to the right of the Save In default folder I
have to click it 2 or 3 times and then it says that Save As not found
and finally the hour glass comes up and after sometimes a one minute
delay the folder will allow me to select another folder. Been trying
to fight this for 3 months. Finally asking for help HELP!!
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
TonySper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonySper

I do have 3 mapped drives on this one system that is giving me the
problem and they are all available. I also have three other systems
using the same mapping and none of them are giving me the problem. I
will be going over the network Friday and will disconnect the mapping
on the one system to see if it helps. Will get back to you Monday and
let you know what happens. Thanks for the reply.
TonySper

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in
message ...

TonySper wrote:

I am using Office 2003.
Each time I try and save my file using the Save As command and then
click on the down-arrow to the right of the Save In default folder I
have to click it 2 or 3 times and then it says that Save As not
found
and finally the hour glass comes up and after sometimes a one minute
delay the folder will allow me to select another folder. Been trying
to fight this for 3 months. Finally asking for help HELP!!
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
TonySper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonySper

Removed all the mapping and still have the same problem. No luck.
Removed and replaced Office 2003 and came up with same defaults in the
program. Must be some settings in the register that I can't get rid
of.
TonySper

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in
message ...