Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rick Rick is offline

Default Access 07 query and merg to Word 07

I've created a query to using some criteria to filter out some records that i
would like to merg into a document. But when I select that query to merg
into a word document, none of the records apear. When I remove all the
criteria, the records show up in the merg. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Change the method of connecting to the data source to DDE. To get that
option, in Word, click on the Office button, then click on Word Options and
then on Advanced and scroll down to the General section of the dialog and
check the box against "Confirm file format conversion at open."

Alternatively, with the result of you query displayed in Access, initiate
the merge from Access.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rick" wrote in message
I've created a query to using some criteria to filter out some records
that i
would like to merg into a document. But when I select that query to merg
into a word document, none of the records apear. When I remove all the
criteria, the records show up in the merg. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rick Rick is offline

It makes no sence to me, becasue i have used other queries with criteria to
merg with no problems. I did as u suggested by "confirm file format" but
it had no effect. It seem that certin types of criteria are not acceptable
to word, like 0 or Like.

"Rick" wrote in message
I've created a query to using some criteria to filter out some records
that i
would like to merg into a document. But when I select that query to merg
into a word document, none of the records apear. When I remove all the
criteria, the records show up in the merg. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is your database a .accdb format database created in Access 2007 or a .mdb
created in an earlier version?

Are you using wilcard characters in your "LIKE" clauses? If so, are you
using * and ?, or % and _, and do the quesries work when you use them in
Access?

Are you definitely selecting the Access via DDE option? In Word 2007, you
also have to check "Show all" in the "COnfirm data source dialog" if the
database is in accdb format.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk