Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kinetic kinetic is offline

Default How to continue text within a cell beyond one page?

Hi,

At work, we use Word Tables to keep track of monthly updates on
different projects and reports. Usually, these are completed after 2
or 3 paragraphs (because the projects generally only take 2 or 3
months). However, a few of our projects are much larger - to the point
where the cell has filled the entire page. In these cases, if you keep
typing, more data is entered into the cell, but it isn't visible on
screen (it sort of continues beyond the lower cell boundary, but not
onto the next page.

As a stopgap approach, our office administrator has been shrinking the
text to smaller and smaller fonts or (when necessary), she has been
inserting a new cell and writing "Continued on next page". Surely
there is a better solution than this.

I have tried to search the groups for an answer, but I honestly don't
know how to explain what I want and then find an answer to my problem.
Basically, what I would like is for a cell to continue onto the next
page if its' contents grow beyond one page. Is there a simple
solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

~ Jamie West

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That symptom generally indicates that the table has become a floating
object. That's all too easy to do by grabbing the square "handle" at the
upper left corner and shifting it just a pixel or two.

To undo it, put the cursor in the table, go to Table Table Properties, and
select the "None" icon under "Text Wrapping".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

kinetic wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BoniM BoniM is offline

Right click on the table in the offending row, choose Table properties, click
the Row Tab and add a check to Allow row to break across pages.