Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McC

Default Footers

Hi,
I hope I am asking this question in the correct group.

I have a Word Document with a footer displaying the following -
The notes on pages 8 to 14 form part of these financial statements.

When I print the document the fotter is changed to the following -
The notes on 6 form part of these financial statements.

The above footer is at the bottom of page 6. I have tried right clicking on
the footer and selecting update field before printing but the issue still
remains. What else can I do so the correct page numbers are shown when
printing the document?

Any advice / pointers appreciated

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

With header/footer view, looking at the footer in question, press Alt-F9 to
show the field codes. Please give us those field codes and we may be able to
help you. Otherwise, you could delete the fields and type in "pages 8 to
14." Doing this, though, you lose the dynamic aspect of the footer.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"John McC" wrote in message
Hi,
I hope I am asking this question in the correct group.

I have a Word Document with a footer displaying the following -
The notes on pages 8 to 14 form part of these financial statements.

When I print the document the fotter is changed to the following -
The notes on 6 form part of these financial statements.

The above footer is at the bottom of page 6. I have tried right clicking
on
the footer and selecting update field before printing but the issue still
remains. What else can I do so the correct page numbers are shown when
printing the document?

Any advice / pointers appreciated

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McC

Hi Charles,
Thanks for your reply. I would like to try and work out whats going on with
the field caods as this has been working fine up until now. The field codes
are as follows -

The Notes on page{IF {PAGEREF Fpage010} {PAGEREF Fpage011} "s {PAGEREF
Fpage010} to {PAGEREF Fpage011}" "{PAGEREF Fpage010}"} form part of these
financial statements.

Thanks
John

"John McC" wrote in message
Hi,
I hope I am asking this question in the correct group.

I have a Word Document with a footer displaying the following -
The notes on pages 8 to 14 form part of these financial statements.

When I print the document the fotter is changed to the following -
The notes on 6 form part of these financial statements.

The above footer is at the bottom of page 6. I have tried right clicking
on
the footer and selecting update field before printing but the issue still
remains. What else can I do so the correct page numbers are shown when
printing the document?

Any advice / pointers appreciated

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

As you are no doubt aware, a pageref field produces the page number on which
a particular bookmark appears - in this instance you have two relevant
bookmarks Fpage010 and Fpage 011. These should be bookmarks within the text
area of the page (not in the footer). Unfortunately bookmarks are all to
easy to delete. My guess is that the second of these bookmarks no longer
exists in the document (or is on the same page as the other) and the first
is now actually on page 6.

When you print the document, the fields in the footer are updated to show
the current position.

Knowing nothing about your document beyond what you have told us, we cannot
tell whether there are section breaks affecting the issue, but working with
a plain multi-page document with the two bookmarks placed on the appropriate
pages, the field structure works as intended.

You need to locate your bookmarks and ensure they are where they are
supposed to be.

"John McC" wrote in message
Hi,
I hope I am asking this question in the correct group.

I have a Word Document with a footer displaying the following -
The notes on pages 8 to 14 form part of these financial statements.

When I print the document the fotter is changed to the following -
The notes on 6 form part of these financial statements.

The above footer is at the bottom of page 6. I have tried right
clicking on
the footer and selecting update field before printing but the issue
still remains. What else can I do so the correct page numbers are
shown when printing the document?

Any advice / pointers appreciated

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McC

Hi Graham,
Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the location of the bookmarks and they are in the correct
place.

When this documant was created section breaks were inserted at the end of
each section. If I remove these section breaks it then effects other parts
of the document.

Is there anything else that could effect the page numbers in this way??

Thanks
John

"John McC" wrote in message
Hi,
I hope I am asking this question in the correct group.

I have a Word Document with a footer displaying the following -
The notes on pages 8 to 14 form part of these financial statements.

When I print the document the fotter is changed to the following -
The notes on 6 form part of these financial statements.

The above footer is at the bottom of page 6. I have tried right
clicking on
the footer and selecting update field before printing but the issue
still remains. What else can I do so the correct page numbers are
shown when printing the document?

Any advice / pointers appreciated

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Just to be sure, the FPage10 is on page 7 and FPage11 is on page 9?

This works for me.
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

With header/footer view, looking at the footer in question, press
Alt-F9 to show the field codes. Please give us those field codes
and
we may be able to help you. Otherwise, you could delete the fields
and type in "pages 8 to
14." Doing this, though, you lose the dynamic aspect of the footer.
--
Charles Kenyon

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version
of

"John McC" wrote in message
Hi,
I hope I am asking this question in the correct group.

I have a Word Document with a footer displaying the following -
The notes on pages 8 to 14 form part of these financial
statements.

When I print the document the fotter is changed to the following -
The notes on 6 form part of these financial statements.

The above footer is at the bottom of page 6. I have tried right
clicking on
the footer and selecting update field before printing but the
issue
still remains. What else can I do so the correct page numbers are
shown when printing the document?

Any advice / pointers appreciated

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McC

Yeah the bookmarks are on those pages. Sometimes it works sometimes it
doesn't when printing. Very strange. Looks like I may need to find another
solution

John

"John McC" wrote in message
Hi,
I hope I am asking this question in the correct group.

I have a Word Document with a footer displaying the following -
The notes on pages 8 to 14 form part of these financial
statements.

When I print the document the fotter is changed to the following -
The notes on 6 form part of these financial statements.

The above footer is at the bottom of page 6. I have tried right
clicking on
the footer and selecting update field before printing but the
issue
still remains. What else can I do so the correct page numbers are
shown when printing the document?

Any advice / pointers appreciated

John

Problems with Heades and Footers Lawrin Walker Microsoft Word Help 0 September 14th 05 06:06 PM
Uneven Footers Waking Page Layout 2 June 19th 05 05:20 AM
Doc Template & headers and footers Linda G Microsoft Word Help 2 June 17th 05 11:42 PM
Headers & Footers kuze Microsoft Word Help 1 February 24th 05 09:46 PM
Footers - How can I display the file path. Alistair Glover New Users 1 February 16th 05 02:14 PM