Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Geoff[_2_] Geoff[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007

I am trying to insert a "tick" (as distinct from a "cross") into a table I
have created in Word but I cannot find the symbol in Insert|Symbol. It was
easy to find in my previous office program - Office 2003. Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

At the bottom of the Insert Symbol button there is a tiny arrow. Click that
to open a menu. Select More Symbols and the ensuing dialog is the same as
that in Word 2003.

Geoff wrote:
I am trying to insert a "tick" (as distinct from a "cross") into a
table I have created in Word but I cannot find the symbol in
Insert|Symbol. It was easy to find in my previous office program -
Office 2003. Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Geoff[_2_] Geoff[_2_] is offline

Thanks Graham, BUT I have been through all the "Symbols" and "Special
Characters" and no where can I see the 'tick'.
What would be the shortcut key for this symbol?

I don't see a 'sad face' either...........only smiling faces.

Geoff wrote:
I am trying to insert a "tick" (as distinct from a "cross") into a
table I have created in Word but I cannot find the symbol in
Insert|Symbol. It was easy to find in my previous office program -
Office 2003. Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Look in Wingdings or in the miscellaneous symbols of Arial Unicode MS. The
wingding character may work only in MS products. The Unicode character
should work in any Unicode compliant program, browser, etc.

Geoff wrote:
Thanks Graham, BUT I have been through all the "Symbols" and "Special
Characters" and no where can I see the 'tick'.
What would be the shortcut key for this symbol?

I don't see a 'sad face' either...........only smiling faces.

At the bottom of the Insert Symbol button there is a tiny arrow. Click
that to open a menu. Select More Symbols and the ensuing dialog is the

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]