Aarjay777

Default Paragraphs duplicating

When I am typing in Word 2003 and sign off a document with my name "robert",
if i type the last 3 initials quickly it automatically duplicates the
paragraph I have just typed.

When i type ERT slowly this avoids the problem.

I read somewhere something about enabling macros and I wonder if i have
accidently set this to recognise this word when typed it thinks i want to
duplicate the paragraph i have just typed.

This is when i am using word 2003.

Even when i am using internet explorer, if i type the name quickly it takes
me from filling in a form straight to the address bar.

I haven't got a clue what i have done wrong, if at all anything.

Thanks in advance.

Anne Troy

Do you have a keyboard that's capable of storing macros? Or some other
global macro software? Sounds like you have "ert" set as a "repeat the last
command" (Like F4 or Ctrl+Y does).
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Aarjay777" wrote in message
news
When I am typing in Word 2003 and sign off a document with my name
"robert",
if i type the last 3 initials quickly it automatically duplicates the
paragraph I have just typed.

When i type ERT slowly this avoids the problem.

I read somewhere something about enabling macros and I wonder if i have
accidently set this to recognise this word when typed it thinks i want to
duplicate the paragraph i have just typed.

This is when i am using word 2003.

Even when i am using internet explorer, if i type the name quickly it
takes
me from filling in a form straight to the address bar.

I haven't got a clue what i have done wrong, if at all anything.

Thanks in advance.

Aarjay777

It's a Gericom Laptop.

As I have never worked with macros before i dont understand what they are
never mind switch them off.

As it is a German manufacture I would assume that if anything it may have
global macro software.

Any suggestions as to how I would disable this feature.

Thanks

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Do you have a keyboard that's capable of storing macros? Or some other
global macro software? Sounds like you have "ert" set as a "repeat the last
command" (Like F4 or Ctrl+Y does).
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Aarjay777" wrote in message
news
When I am typing in Word 2003 and sign off a document with my name
"robert",
if i type the last 3 initials quickly it automatically duplicates the
paragraph I have just typed.

When i type ERT slowly this avoids the problem.

I read somewhere something about enabling macros and I wonder if i have
accidently set this to recognise this word when typed it thinks i want to
duplicate the paragraph i have just typed.

This is when i am using word 2003.

Even when i am using internet explorer, if i type the name quickly it
takes
me from filling in a form straight to the address bar.

I haven't got a clue what i have done wrong, if at all anything.

Thanks in advance.

Bob S

You are seeing the results of ALT+E then R; i.e. open the Edit menu
and R for Repeat Typing.

You might be hitting the ALT key accidentally, though this seems
awkward. You might have a defective keyboard with the ALT key getting
stuck sometimes. You might be brushing a touch-pad and having that
somehow interpreted as the ALT key.

Bob S