Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
The Hun

Default How to place object in text box?

Using Word 2002 / Windows.

I put a text box on the page. I put a picture on the page and got it
in the text box, and wrote a line of description. But when I move the
box, the picture doesn't follow. I tried every combination I could
think of regarding "move object with text," "send behind text," "send
to back," "bring to front," etc. for both the picture and the text box.
Does anyone know the correct combination of settings for the picture
and text box, to keep them together when I drag the text box around the
page? I want to have several of these boxes/pictures/descriptions on
the same page.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
The Hun

Thanks, but it didn't work for me. I had the picture in the text box,
but when I changed the formatting of the picture to "In line with text"
it jumped out of the box, went to the far left margin of the page and
wouldn't budge. Can you help?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie

Click on the picture to select it, press Ctrl+X to cut, click
inside the text box, and press Ctrl+V to paste.

The Hun wrote:

Thanks, but it didn't work for me. I had the picture in the text box,
but when I changed the formatting of the picture to "In line with text"
it jumped out of the box, went to the far left margin of the page and
wouldn't budge. Can you help?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
The Hun

I've tried more combinations of settings -- "allow overlap," etc. --
and I can't make it work. I'm trying to do this:

1. Create a text box
2. Put a picture in it
3. Write a line of description in the box, below the picture
4. Drag the box around to other places on the page and have the
picture stay in the box.

I've heard that Word can do what I'm trying to do. Is there anywhere
in a HELP section, somewhere, that tells us how to do this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Insert a text box. In the text box, Insert | Picture | From File. Then type
below it, still inside the text box. If you don't have text boundaries
displayed (Tools | Options View), you might want to do that to make sure
that your caption is actually inside the text box.

ups.com...