Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BeverlyS BeverlyS is offline

Default I can't create repeating heading rows in a table

After converting my document to .docx, I discover that in the majority of
tables that I have in the document (260 pages and many tables), the heading
row won't repeat when the table continues on to another page. It works in
the document in the Word 2003 version, but not in the 2007. I checked to
make sure the option (heading rows repeat) is selected, and it just won't
work. If I create a brand new table with just test text, it seems to be okay,
but not if I try to duplicate a table exactly as it exists, and nor does it
work in the tables that already exist. In many of the tables, I have a
two-row heading (the name of the procedure as the table name and then the
names of the columns). Again, if I create a brand new table, that seems to
work (with test text), but not with the existing tables in the formatting
that I have. What I'm seeing is that it seems like the header row(s) is like
its own table, and if I click on it, there's a light blue dotted line around
the header rows. There's also the + symbol at the left of the first header
cell, and a + symbol at the first table text cell. It's like I have two
tables butting against each other. When I'm at the right cell and click Tab
(which would generally add a new row if I'm at the last row of the table) on
the header, I get a new header row.

How do I get this to work properly?????? Thanks.