Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeffbart jeffbart is offline

Default how do I delete control toolbars?

I've started using a new laptop. My old documents now open with a 'Control'
toolbar and 'exit design mode' toolbar. I deselect them, and save, but they
keep re-appearing. I've edited the template they are based on, and it does
not have them appearing. No matter what I do I can't seem to make the
'control' and 'exit design mode' toolbars from appearing in the old docs...
Where could I be going wrong?

thanks jeffbart
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?amVmZmJhcnQ=?=,

I've started using a new laptop. My old documents now open with a 'Control'
toolbar and 'exit design mode' toolbar. I deselect them, and save, but they
keep re-appearing. I've edited the template they are based on, and it does
not have them appearing. No matter what I do I can't seem to make the
'control' and 'exit design mode' toolbars from appearing in the old docs...
Where could I be going wrong?

When these appear it's usually a sign that the document contains a macro, and
your macro security is set to "High". Check in Tools/Macro/Security?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeffbart jeffbart is offline

Yes, I tried this and indeed it worked. I had a macro that was living quite
happily in my old docs on my old pc. The new Office 2003 on the new laptop
had security set to high. After changing the setting to medium, enabling the
macro, running it, I was able to delect the control toolbar succesfully from
my old docs.

Now, if I change the security back to high *with* the macro in, the toolbar
appears. If I keep the setting medium, the toolbar doesn't, or if I remove
the macro and change the setting back to high, the toolbar still stays
deselected.
Thanks very much!
cheers jeffrey

Hi ?B?amVmZmJhcnQ=?=,