Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AllSystemsGo

Default File opens as read-only when open from a shared source folder.

All word and excel ocuments that are stored on a Mac server are opening in
read-only format. I have installed service pack 2 which is supposed to
containt he hotfix for this error. Also, I have tried changing the registry
editor as described in article 884050 but it does not fix the problem. I have
also changed folder options for all document types to not open in read-only.
I've checked my permissions on the server. Everything seems in order. Help
please!

merge instructions from text file Steve Mailmerge 8 November 26th 05 03:31 AM
open file talbert Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 03:14 PM
multiple docs, one data source kp Mailmerge 12 January 31st 05 04:41 PM
Text Recovery and Open & Repair in WD 2003? UserRAW1975 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 03:00 AM