Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jan Jan is offline

Default Mail Merge with Excel shows incorrect results

I have a merge with an Excel file and because I need the formatting from
Excel in the Word document I need to select MS Excel Worksheets via DDE.
However my merge results have shifted down one in my table. In other words
the result which should be in the first row is in the second row, the second
row in the third, and so on and so on yes the merge fields are in the correct
cell of the Word table. However, if I switch back to OLE DB Database Files
the merge shows correctly with the first field in the first row, etc. Does
anyone have a resolution to this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word/Excel is this? Are you using a "Header Source" ?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Jan" wrote in message
I have a merge with an Excel file and because I need the formatting from
Excel in the Word document I need to select MS Excel Worksheets via DDE.
However my merge results have shifted down one in my table. In other words
the result which should be in the first row is in the second row, the
second
row in the third, and so on and so on yes the merge fields are in the
correct
cell of the Word table. However, if I switch back to OLE DB Database Files
the merge shows correctly with the first field in the first row, etc. Does
anyone have a resolution to this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jan Jan is offline

Peter:
Thanks for trying to help but I solved my problem. It appears there can be
no blank column headings in the Excel file.