Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vellita Vellita is offline

Default Word closes when I choose Outlook for email addresses

I have Vista Home Premium, Word 2007. When I try to mail merge for an email
with Outlook addresses, the second I choose "Select from Outlook Contacts"
from the "Select Recipients" drop-down menu, Word closes and I lose
everything. Have hassled with this for a year now. Have run diagnostics and
it doesn't show anything wrong. Can anybody help, please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Does it crash if you have Outlook already open?
See also http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Vellita wrote:
I have Vista Home Premium, Word 2007. When I try to mail merge for
an email with Outlook addresses, the second I choose "Select from
Outlook Contacts" from the "Select Recipients" drop-down menu, Word
closes and I lose everything. Have hassled with this for a year now.
Have run diagnostics and it doesn't show anything wrong. Can anybody
help, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
OC-Newbie OC-Newbie is offline

I have the same problem with Outlook with Business Contact Mgr 07 and Word 07
running on XP. Also need help, could it be the same problem? database set up
maybe? Any help appreciated.

"Vellita" wrote:

I have Vista Home Premium, Word 2007. When I try to mail merge for an email
with Outlook addresses, the second I choose "Select from Outlook Contacts"
from the "Select Recipients" drop-down menu, Word closes and I lose
everything. Have hassled with this for a year now. Have run diagnostics and
it doesn't show anything wrong. Can anybody help, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jenny B Jenny B is offline

I'm also having the same issue with BCM 07 and Word 07. I can do an email
campaign through BCM, but I'd like to be able to personize it with Word. Is
there a solution?
--
Jenny B

"Vellita" wrote:

I have Vista Home Premium, Word 2007. When I try to mail merge for an email
with Outlook addresses, the second I choose "Select from Outlook Contacts"
from the "Select Recipients" drop-down menu, Word closes and I lose
everything. Have hassled with this for a year now. Have run diagnostics and
it doesn't show anything wrong. Can anybody help, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KimC KimC is offline

I am having the same problem. I'm using Office 2007. Can anyone figure out
why this is happening? Please.
Thanks

"Vellita" wrote:

I have Vista Home Premium, Word 2007. When I try to mail merge for an email
with Outlook addresses, the second I choose "Select from Outlook Contacts"
from the "Select Recipients" drop-down menu, Word closes and I lose
everything. Have hassled with this for a year now. Have run diagnostics and
it doesn't show anything wrong. Can anybody help, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JDM JDM is offline

I solved the problem (for me at least) this way:

1 Create your document in Word, but as a regular document (not a mailings or
merge document)
2 Create your mailing list in Outlook Contacts
3 In Contacts choose Tools/Mail Merge...
4 Choose your options including the Word document you created
5 Return to the Word document and choose Finish Merge

I've just managed to send 300 without a crash, but I send them 50 at a time.

Good luck.