Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Howard Walker 635 Howard Walker 635 is offline

Default Envelopes will not print from a mail merge address

I have a set of addresses in a mail merge file. To try and print them, I
highlight the whole address as usual, and select envelopes from the tools
menu. Only 3 out of five lines are displayed and printed.

I need to print them rather than use a window envelope, and the only way
that I have found to do so is to copy and paste them one at a time into a new
word document, and then print them as for a single envelope. With a print run
of 11,000, this is proving a bit of a pain.
Any suggestions?

Howard Walker
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

To try and print them, I
highlight the whole address as usual

I'm not sure you are doing the right thing here. If you are merging to an
envelope, you need to choose an envelope type merge, specify your data
source, then specify the fields that you need in the envelope. By default,
these fiels would go into a Word /frame/ that is predefined inthe envelope
layout. It is possible that the frame is not deep enough for your fields and
that you need to select it and make it deeper.

Does any of that ring any bells?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Howard Walker 635" wrote in
message ...
I have a set of addresses in a mail merge file. To try and print them, I
highlight the whole address as usual, and select envelopes from the tools
menu. Only 3 out of five lines are displayed and printed.

I need to print them rather than use a window envelope, and the only way
that I have found to do so is to copy and paste them one at a time into a
new
word document, and then print them as for a single envelope. With a print
run
of 11,000, this is proving a bit of a pain.
Any suggestions?

Howard Walker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You might do better if you start with the envelope templates you can
download from my web site which have the styles modified to avoid this
problem - or at least copy the styles from them to your template. The method
for modifying the styles is covered at
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

Howard Walker 635 wrote:
I have a set of addresses in a mail merge file. To try and print
them, I highlight the whole address as usual, and select envelopes
from the tools menu. Only 3 out of five lines are displayed and
printed.

I need to print them rather than use a window envelope, and the only
way that I have found to do so is to copy and paste them one at a
time into a new word document, and then print them as for a single
envelope. With a print run of 11,000, this is proving a bit of a pain.
Any suggestions?

Howard Walker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Howard Walker 635 Howard Walker 635 is offline

I can see no option to create an envelope file merge. There is no menu item
that I can find that gives me the option to change the document type, and as
I already have the information in the letter, I did not think that it was
necessary to produce another document just to print the addresses. How do I
select the document type as envelope? I am using word 2003.

Howard Walker

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can set it either from the first page of the Mail Merge wizard or from
the Merge toolbar - see