Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tina Tina is offline

Default How do I make a auto sequence num field in Word that counts up?

I am trying to make a numeric field in Word that when I save and close and
reopen, the number field has increased by one number. For Example, a Purchase
Order form would have a PO # assigned and that number would auto sequence
each time opened. I have already tried "Insert Field" and selected SEQ but
get stuck from that point on. I can't get field to sequence up one number
each time. Thanks for anybody's help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DJ Drayer DJ Drayer is offline

Tina,
I am no pro at this stuff either but I had asked the same question earlier
and this is the response I had gotten from a nice gentleman named Jay
Freedman. Check it out and see if it can help you. If not try again...This is
what he wrote;

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm.

--
Regards,