Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MSoftHead1

Default How can I turn off text wrap in a form?

I am creating an electronic form and cannot figure out how to stop the text
wrap feature?

Would it be a field re-size matter?

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TVNvZnRIZWFkMQ==?=,

I am creating an electronic form and cannot figure out how to stop the text
wrap feature?

Would it be a field re-size matter?

I assume we're discussing form fields, from the Forms toolbar. If you need to
follow-up on this, do please include the version of Word you're using :-)

You can set a limit on the number of characters allowed in the field in the
Options dialog box.

Other than that, you'd need to insert the form field either in a table cell,
or a frame (Insert Frame is available in the Forms toolbar). In either case,
you'd set the maximum height so that, as the text continues to wrap in the
form field, it will disappear "behind" the cell or frame border.

An alternative would be to use a textbox from the Controls Toolbox, but you
need to be aware that this will activate Word's macro security when the
document is opened.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org