Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kris10 Kris10 is offline

Default My option to insert symbols from the Insert tab disappeared!

I'm not sure how this happened. I've used this feature thousands of times-
clicked on the INSERT tab and "Symbols" was available and opened the symbols
dialog box. Now it's not even listed on the Insert menu!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Kris10" wrote:

I'm not sure how this happened. I've used this feature thousands of times-
clicked on the INSERT tab and "Symbols" was available and opened the symbols
dialog box. Now it's not even listed on the Insert menu!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Also look at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/LostSymbol.htm to
understand what probably caused it to disappear, and how to avoid a
repeat.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Kris10" wrote:

I'm not sure how this happened. I've used this feature thousands of times-
clicked on the INSERT tab and "Symbols" was available and opened the symbols
dialog box. Now it's not even listed on the Insert menu!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kris10 Kris10 is offline

Thank you Carol and Jay! I got Carol's first for one way to correct it and it
worked! Then I got Jay's read that link and it made sense! I'm writing a
paper for grad school and thought I might sink, before you guys answered my
post. Again mahalo, as we say in Hawaii (though I'm studying in Texas),
Kris10