Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PA PA is offline

Default Fix a txt data file

My company has decided to download selected customer information, monthly,
from one of our AS400 mainframes into a text file and then do a mail merge
with Word. There will be approximately 500 letters to be generated, each
month.
The fields to be used a
"Fname","Lname","Address1","Address2","City","Stat e","Zip"
The problem is, there is a line break between the address2 field and the
city field in the data, so that there is an extra line in the address. I
opened the text file in Word and see a paragraph mark, forcing city field to
the next line in the word file. The inside address will therefore not fit
properly in the window envelope. The field labels in the first row are on
one line, the problem begins in the data itself.
I hope this explanation is understandable, the cause is certainly not.
How can I correct this problem?