Ann Scharpf

Default Comments and tables problem in Word 2003

This is a follow-up to my question about flashing tooltip comments. (Posted
on April 20, 2005). I created form documents and used comments to create
data entry instructions. There are so many fields and comments, that the
comment balloons run together and don't display the whole comment.

I'd like users to be able to revert to the old "tooltips" comments display.
The problem is that, if the cursor isn't in the same TABLE COLUMN as the
comment, the tool tip flashes and won't stay on the screen. I'm NOT talking
about the mouse pointer here. You have to CLICK in the same vertical column
that contains the comment. This is a problem in a protected form. I don't
want users to click on a check box, read the instructions and then forget to
uncheck the box.

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem in XP or 2003? Other than
making everything a single column, or make regular text, I don't see any way
around the problem.

Thanks for any help you can give me. And thanks to Cindy Meister for
responding to my message on Apr. 20. The video drivers were not the problem
but, persistence did at least pay off in recognizing the pattern!

Ann