Wireless Tech Radio

Default adding a file attachment to an email merge?

I have worked for 4 hours this afternoon trying to make the instructions
listed in this MergeWith Attachments.htm work. I have worked through the
descriptive errors, filled in missing references from other postings on this
topics and guessed at which application is used for each stage, parsing the
run-on sentences into executable step-by-step instructions but still cannot
get it to run.

I'm trying hard.

Error: Dim oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application
! Compile Error: User-defined type no defined.

I am at a loss to understand what I'm doing wrong or missing from from the
instructions provided to get it to work as the author intended.

Help! Thanks, Jim

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

Graham Mayor

This error indicates that you haven't added the reference to Outlook Object
Library as described in 'Preparations' i.e.
To run the macro in this procedure it is necessary to set a reference to the
Microsoft Office Outlook Object Library. You do this from within the Visual
Basic Editor, by selecting References from the Tool menu and then checking
the item Microsoft Office Outlook ##.0 Object Library (where ## is the
Outlook version number).

Thus Word's vba does not know what to do with the flagged command.