Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David Knight

Default INCLUDE PICTURE with MERGE FIELD

Not sure what you mean? Once the merge to new document is done, we do
CTRL-A and F9 to pull in the graphics. But since the file names from the
database aren't being used - all the images are the same.

The problem is that the merge field will not save. When I click save you
can actually see the "{MERGEFIELD SignatureFileName }" change to
"C://FolderName//DFKSig.bmp" before your eyes.

All you may need to do is update the fields in the new document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"David Knight" wrote in message
I have something strange going on with a Word/Access 2003 mail merge. I
am using the INCLUDEPICTURE command in order to add a unique signature to
the end of a letter, based on a Path and FileName stored in my database.
Here is what appears in my Word file:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "{MERGEFIELD SignatureFileName }" /* MERGEFORMAT}

When I click on SAVE in Word - it replaces my merge field with the actual
database value from the record I am on. So after saving, it reads:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "C://FolderName//DFKSig.bmp" /* MERGEFORMAT}

Of course, when I run Merge to New Document - all the signatures are the
same. If I manually remove the ""C://FolderName//DFKSig.bmp"" and
replace it with the MERGEFIELD - then run the letters it works. But if I
save, it puts the "C://FolderName//DFKSig.bmp" back in. So, I have to do
this manual step each time.

I have seen tons of posts here about merging images, and have followed
all the instructions.

Why would clicking SAVE change what I just did? Please help. thanks!!!

David Knight
RoundTable Solutions