Patrick Whittle

Default Can NOT Drag & Postion Text Box

Hello,

I have become very familiar with the very nice feature in Microsoft Word for
text box shaping and positioning. Now, for no apparent reason, Word places
my textbox wherever is wants to! I have scanned for viruses, and I don't
have any. If you understand this, please tell me what is going on, or what
has happened. Thank you.

PS
Other positioning tasks don't work the same anymore either; bitmaps I
have inserted position themselves wherever they want to, after dragging and
releasing.

Genine

Switch on your drawing toolbar (Tools Customise toolbars and tick
Drawing) if it's not already visible.
Click on the Draw button and go to Grid.
Make sure you don't have Snap Objects to Grid ticked.
Unticking this should allow you to drag objects to any position rather than
only to grid settings.
Genine