Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
fuzzyhead fuzzyhead is offline

Default single line spacing coming as double

line spacing is set to single, however if I stop typing before the end of one
line and click down to the next line the spacing always goes to double.
Any clues as to why
--
fuzzy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Format | Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab, make sure that the
Spacing After and Before are both set to 0 (zero).

You may also want to verify that Vertical Alignment is set to "Top,"
in File | Page Setup, Layout tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"fuzzyhead" wrote in message
line spacing is set to single, however if I stop typing before the
end of one
line and click down to the next line the spacing always goes to
double.
Any clues as to why
--
fuzzy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You don't say what you 'click' to move down to the next line but I presume
you press the Enter key?

In which case, the paragraph formatting is set to have Space After. Go to
format Paragraph and change the setting and make sure to press DEFAULT when
done.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Ted Legg" wrote in message