Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
J. Webb

Default How do I use two data sources in same document for mail merge?

Hi Peter - Thank you for your reply. We will try this method and if we have
any additional problems, I'll send another post tomorrow. Thank you again!
Jennifer.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Word isn't really designed to do this, but with some limitations you can do
it by setting up the 1st access table/query as the mail merge data source,
and using a DATABASE field to get the list of programmers. You have to edit
the SQL in the DATABASE so that it has a WHERE clause that restricts the
records returnd to the current project, e.g. if the project lead has a
column called ProjectID which is used as a foreigh key in the programmer
list, you might have a WHERE claues such as

WHERE `ProjectID` = '{ MERGEFIELD ProjectID }'

There's an example at

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

Peter Jamieson
"J. Webb" J. wrote in message
Is it possible to link two access databases to a single Word document for
the
mail merge function? The way the data is set up, the 1st access db pulls
the
project leads. The 2nd access db would be a query on the 1st db results
and
list all the programmers assigned to each project. I only want the e-mail
go to the project lead and not the programmer.

Also - if there is an easier way to do this, I would appreciate any
suggestions. This process needs to be as repeatable, efficient and simple
as
possible.

Thank you! Jennifer