Jack Sadie

Default Opening an existing file

as follows:-

Sub FileOpen()
With Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen)
..Name = "*.*"
..Show
End With
End Sub

This ensures that the "Files of type" box always shows "All Files"

Since upgrading to Word2003 I notice that the "Look in" box in the same
dialog always seems to point to the last directory I used. Whilst this is
sometimes convenient, most of the time I want to open files in the specific
directory which I have created to contain my most used files, with its own
tree substructure.
I therefore need to amend the above procedure so that "Look in" always
defaults to that given directory "DirName".
Being unfamiliar with the Visual Basic codes, can someone kindly advise how
to do this.

Thanks so much, Jack Sadie

Graham Mayor

Word always defaults to the last used folder, except on first starting when
it defaults to the folder configured in tools options file locations
documents.

For access to other folders use the places bar
http://www.gmayor.com/customize_the_word_places_bar.htm

Jack Sadie wrote:
command as follows:-

Sub FileOpen()