Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
noelpell noelpell is offline

Default email merge using Word

I am trying to do a bulk email from Word using Outlook to send. I have
several thousand recipients. I go through the process fine but after they
start generating and when the outbox gets close to 200 messages in it, it
stops receiving them from Word, although Word will still show it processing
through all of them. Sometimes I get an error in Word "system call failed".
This is very frustrating when you are trying to send thousands and can only
do 200 at a time. The email itself is only 81KB. Does this have to do with
some kind of size limit in the outbox? I've tried to let it send out while it
was still accummulating in the outbox but same problem occurs. One lucky time
I did ge about 500 at one shot. I'm using a POP3 email server and Office 2003.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!