Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sue Sue is offline

Default Words are crammed and illegible

When I went to print my letter all of my words crammed together so each line
has one character which all the words typed over it. I do not know what i
did to the format.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It's a sort of printer driver bug. Many people find that if the clear out
their temp folder it may resolve the problem. With all applications closed,
go to your temp folder (normally in Documents and Settings, username, Local,
Temp) which should be empty. Delete all the abandoned temp files (you may
need to do this from a fresh reboot before opening any applications).
Otherwise, make sure that you have the latest printer driver downloaded and
then delete and reinstall the printer. Let us know if this works.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Sue" wrote in message
When I went to print my letter all of my words crammed together so each
line
has one character which all the words typed over it. I do not know what i
did to the format.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sue Sue is offline

It isn't the printer. It's the document itself. The letters keep typing
over themselves (it's not a matter of using the "insert" button". The
letters are not disappearing with each keystroke, they are being typed over
and over in the same spot and by the time you finish a sentence, you have a
very dark first "letter?" on the page/

"Sue" wrote in message
When I went to print my letter all of my words crammed together so each
line
has one character which all the words typed over it. I do not know what i
did to the format.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It's a printer driver issue. Close Word, change the default printer, and
open the doc again. I'll bet you have it set for an HP printer.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Sue" wrote in message
When I went to print my letter all of my words crammed together so each
line
has one character which all the words typed over it. I do not know
what i
did to the format.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sue Sue is offline

It worked for some reason. Will I be able to go back and change my default
to my normal printer without problems?

"Sue" wrote in message
When I went to print my letter all of my words crammed together so each
line
has one character which all the words typed over it. I do not know what i
did to the format.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It seems to be an intermittant issue. You may never see it again or maybe
you will. If you fuss over it you will end up wasting a lot of time fighting
an issue that's been going on for a while with no explanation.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Sue" wrote in message
When I went to print my letter all of my words crammed together so each
line
has one character which all the words typed over it. I do not know
what i
did to the format.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You "think" it isn't, but it is. Though sometimes an abandoned temp file
from a crash can aggravate the problem.

Terry

"Sue" wrote in message
When I went to print my letter all of my words crammed together so each
line
has one character which all the words typed over it. I do not know
what i
did to the format.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Sue,

Often if you go to File=Print in Word and choose another printer then immediately switch back to your 'regular' one that will also
work on a temporary basis.

"Sue" wrote in message ...
It worked for some reason. Will I be able to go back and change my default
to my normal printer without problems?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP