Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Needs_help Needs_help is offline

Default Word 2007 crashes when I save document ("Not Responding")

I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them. But
when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which I
can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year or
so that I had the computer.

I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but didn't
find answers that worked.

I can't locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate.

--
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Start with http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541. If that doesn't fix it you will need
to find the Office installation disc.

"Needs_help" wrote in message
I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them.
But
when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which
can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year
or
so that I had the computer.

I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but didn't
find answers that worked.

I can't locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate.

--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William Colberg William Colberg is offline

Default SAVE in Word 2007 Not Responding

I had this problem with Word 2007 in Windows XP. Try disabling any Adobe PDF Converter Add-Ins in Word Options. This cleared up the problem in my case. Check your Add-ins for any such converters.

Needs_help wrote:

Word 2007 crashes when I save document ("Not Responding")
19-Feb-10

I am running Word 2007 on Vista. I can open Word documents and edit them. But
when I try to save, I get "not responding". I can open Excel files, which I
can then save. Just not Word. Word had been running fine for the past year or
so that I had the computer.

I have read past posts that seemed that they might be related, but did not
find answers that worked.

I cannot locate installation disks, so am feeling kind of desperate.

--
Thanks!

Generic Feed Parsers Redux
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...sers-redu.aspx