Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FarmFan FarmFan is offline

Default formatting history

I just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. HOw do I get rid of all the
formatting red lines, red text, etc. that appears in my document when I make
changes to the document. I also need to remove it so it does not print with
the document.

Thanks for your help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

Don't know why the text is appearing red, check to make sure the font is set
to "automatic." The formatting red lines signal spelling errors, green lines
- grammar errors. They never print out. You can turn them off by selecting
Tools, Options, Spelling and Grammar, and uncheck the boxes "check
spelling/grammar as you type."

"FarmFan" wrote:

I just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. HOw do I get rid of all the
formatting red lines, red text, etc. that appears in my document when I make
changes to the document. I also need to remove it so it does not print with
the document.

Thanks for your help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like Track Changes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...l#AcceptReject.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"FarmFan" wrote in message
I just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. HOw do I get rid of all the
formatting red lines, red text, etc. that appears in my document when I
make
changes to the document. I also need to remove it so it does not print
with
the document.

Thanks for your help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FarmFan FarmFan is offline

Thanks for your reply - Word 2003 is turning text to red where I have made
changes and also shows a balloon or a tag saying what has changed
(eg:"deleted 'the'" ) - where I corrected spelling, the new word is red and
underlined. The red/underlining shows up in print preview and will print
when I print the document. Also a vertical line along the left margin has
appeared in black that runs the length of the text but intermittently - some
paragraphs it runs for 2 to 3 paragraphs, some it is only along some lines
-??? -

I have tried turning anything that looked remotely like it would do this in
Autocorrect with no change. Thanks for your help!!!!

"FarmFan" wrote:

I just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. HOw do I get rid of all the
formatting red lines, red text, etc. that appears in my document when I make
changes to the document. I also need to remove it so it does not print with
the document.

Thanks for your help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FarmFan FarmFan is offline

Thanks for your response - that is a great website!!!! a keeper for sure!!

I must have inadvertently turned on "Mark-up" - I kept searching "help" and
found out I should turn off "Mark-up" and tell the program to "accept all
changes" - now all the format/editing history, tags, balloons and underlining
are GONE!!!!

Thanks for all the SUPPORT!!

"FarmFan" wrote in message
I just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. HOw do I get rid of all the
formatting red lines, red text, etc. that appears in my document when I
make
changes to the document. I also need to remove it so it does not print
with
the document.

Thanks for your help!!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"FarmFan" wrote in message
I just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. HOw do I get rid of all the
formatting red lines, red text, etc. that appears in my document when I
make
changes to the document. I also need to remove it so it does not
print
with
the document.

Thanks for your help!!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"FarmFan" wrote in message
I just upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. HOw do I get rid of all the
formatting red lines, red text, etc. that appears in my document when I
make
changes to the document. I also need to remove it so it does not
print
with
the document.

Thanks for your help!!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You turn it on/off with Ctrl-Shift-E. That's the most likely way to
get it inadvertently -- the others are a toolbar/ribbon button, and a
spot on the status bar at the bottom.

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...angesWorks.htm.....

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

History awawa Microsoft Word Help 1 November 11th 09 04:24 AM
History Jmaybe Microsoft Word Help 1 May 17th 09 11:22 PM
History in Act BigDaddyAddy Microsoft Word Help 1 September 1st 08 06:04 AM
deleting formatting or file history from a word doc ctwobits Microsoft Word Help 1 August 14th 08 07:44 PM
Track changes history Mr. Kotter Microsoft Word Help 2 September 7th 05 10:52 PM