Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pr31woman Pr31woman is offline

Default Editing in compatibility mode, clicked save icon, where is doc?

I opened a Word document that I sent to my p/c from my work computer. I
noticed it had [Compatibility Mode] in the title. As I was editing the
document, I would click on the save icon peridocially, the disc icon,
thinking I was saving my work. I had to shutdown and when I came back to
continue writing, the file was nowhere to be found.

Is there a way to retrieve my work? Or are the hours of writing I added gone?

Thank you,
Pr31woman