Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marco eor2007 Marco eor2007 is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Office 2007 button is not colored in word, excel

reboot does not fix the issue. This is an administrator complete office 2007
installation. The office button logo was colored for a couple of days and now
is gray for a large number of users.
Why?
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,312
Default Office 2007 button is not colored in word, excel

Is the application activated?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


Marco eor2007 wrote:
reboot does not fix the issue. This is an administrator complete
office 2007 installation. The office button logo was colored for a
couple of days and now is gray for a large number of users.
Why?



  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marco eor2007 Marco eor2007 is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Office 2007 button is not colored in word, excel

Word option, resources, shows activate button, and by clicking it answers yes.
Good try, but it does not solve the issue


"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Is the application activated?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org


Marco eor2007 wrote:
reboot does not fix the issue. This is an administrator complete
office 2007 installation. The office button logo was colored for a
couple of days and now is gray for a large number of users.
Why?




  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\) Bob   Buckland ?:-\) is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,073
Default Office 2007 button is not colored in word, excel

Hi Marco,

There are several items that can do this.

Check that the control panel accessibility options for 'High contrast' haven't been turned on and that your monitor color settings
are set (or change then set back to) 32 bit color, and restart the PC.

=========
"Marco eor2007" wrote in message

news Word option, resources, shows activate button, and by clicking it answers yes.
Good try, but it does not solve the issue
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*


  #5   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marco eor2007 Marco eor2007 is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Office 2007 button is not colored in word, excel

Excellent direction--You ruled out office preferences for me. I started
looking into the video driver, installed the latest and voila, color is back.
ONE problem, as soon as I attached a second monitor to my laptop the problem
came back. Most of the users that reported the problem had a "bad" resolution
choice for their old driver or a second attached monitor. Is there any way to
go around that? I could not figure out any settings for my ATI MOBILITY
FireGL V5200,ATI catalyst control (T60p IBM thinkpad)

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Marco,

There are several items that can do this.

Check that the control panel accessibility options for 'High contrast' haven't been turned on and that your monitor color settings
are set (or change then set back to) 32 bit color, and restart the PC.

=========
"Marco eor2007" wrote in message

news Word option, resources, shows activate button, and by clicking it answers yes.
Good try, but it does not solve the issue
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*



Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Options in 'Office' button in Word 2007 Rick Duley Microsoft Word Help 2 October 26th 07 09:19 AM
Is there a 'work menu' button (or something) in Office 2007? Ernie Lane Microsoft Word Help 2 October 21st 07 06:15 PM
Word option missing from office button Word 2007 Word Options missing from Office Button Microsoft Word Help 1 October 12th 07 07:38 PM
Hide Word 2007 Office Button Roy Gracious Microsoft Word Help 8 October 12th 07 03:13 AM
Excel 2007 cell borders not visible when cells are colored JLW1 Microsoft Word Help 1 September 14th 07 01:14 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:48 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"