Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shazza Shazza is offline

Default Positioning pictures with word 2007

Hi i am working with Word 2007. I have inserted pictures from file into my
document and have wropped them to tight as i want them in amongst my text but
i am having severe problems trying to position my pictures. Ie i can get it
under my heading or to the left of my lext. Infact everytime i try to move
it, it just jumps to wherevere it wants to go and it is driving me mad. I do
not know exact positioning and quite often find i have to move them from
their original location anyway.

Is there a way that i can set up my pictures so that i can simply click and
drag them to where i want them and they stay where i put them??????
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?U2hhenph?=,

Hi i am working with Word 2007. I have inserted pictures from file into my
document and have wropped them to tight as i want them in amongst my text but
i am having severe problems trying to position my pictures. Ie i can get it
under my heading or to the left of my lext. Infact everytime i try to move
it, it just jumps to wherevere it wants to go and it is driving me mad. I do
not know exact positioning and quite often find i have to move them from
their original location anyway.

Is there a way that i can set up my pictures so that i can simply click and
drag them to where i want them and they stay where i put them??????

In principle, it should work like that. In practice, if the Word document has
some structural damage (managing picture storage), it can be extremely
frustrating.

Most accurate positioning is achieved through the Picture Tools/Format tab.
Select the "Position" button in the "arrange" group, then "More layout options"
from the menu.

When the picture is selected you can use the Arrow keys to move it incrementally
- I rarely get "jumps" with that.

You can also check whether pictures are being "snapped to grid" - aligned to
gridlines. In the Picture Tools/Format tab display the "Align" menu. Select
"Grid settings". Make sure "Snap objects to grid when gridlines are not
displayed" is *off*.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org