Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jwtheman jwtheman is offline

Default I don't know the name of my problem

I don't know what my subject's name should be, but everything I type in
WORD has dots in between each word and a symbol that looks like a paragraph
symbol at the end of each line. How do I get rid of this?
Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"jwtheman" wrote in message
I don't know what my subject's name should be, but everything I type in
WORD has dots in between each word and a symbol that looks like a
paragraph
symbol at the end of each line. How do I get rid of this?
Thanks,
John

They are formatting symbols. You need to tell us the version of Word that
you are using before we can tell you how to hide them...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can press Ctrl+Shift+8 to toggle the display of nonprinting marks. For
more, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jwtheman" wrote in message
I don't know what my subject's name should be, but everything I type in
WORD has dots in between each word and a symbol that looks like a
paragraph
symbol at the end of each line. How do I get rid of this?
Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mazorj mazorj is offline

"jwtheman" wrote in message
I don't know what my subject's name should be, but everything I type
in
WORD has dots in between each word and a symbol that looks like a
paragraph
symbol at the end of each line. How do I get rid of this?
Thanks,
John

You really should include what version you're using of any program,
but in Word 2003:

Click the Tools menu then Options. From the View tab look for the
Formatting Marks section. Uncheck Spaces (for the dots) and Paragraph
Marks (for the "backward P" markers). You also can display or hide
Tab markers, which are right-facing arrows pointing to the next tab
point. I have all three showing but then I'm a formatting control
freak.

I can't imagine it being too much different in Word 2007 but others
will have to explain the procedure there.