Default Pasting into a table

I have a table in my document with lots of rows without any text in
them yet. I have a text document with text that I want to past into
Word. There are rows of text in the document, each row on a new line.
When I copy the text and paste it into my table, all of the text goes
into one cell. I would like to be able to paste it such that each row
of text from the text file goes into a different row in the table. Is
there a way to do this?
Thanks in advance

If you have the Paste Options button active in Word 2002/2003, you may have
some flexibility in this regard. Aside from that, in my experience you just
have to keep experimenting with how you select the text (whole rows
including the end-of-row marker vs. just all the cells in a row) and how you
select the area to paste it into (click in one cell or select cells). I
can't tell you exactly how to do it, but I can promise that by trial and
error you will eventually find a way that works.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a table in my document with lots of rows without any text in
them yet. I have a text document with text that I want to past into
Word. There are rows of text in the document, each row on a new line.
When I copy the text and paste it into my table, all of the text goes
into one cell. I would like to be able to paste it such that each row
of text from the text file goes into a different row in the table. Is
there a way to do this?
Thanks in advance

I am using Word 2000. Your post gave me the clue I needed to make it
work: when pasting in the document, I have to select a bunch of cells
in the table before pasting. Thanks!