Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joe Murphy Joe Murphy is offline

Default Bookmarks work suspiciously well

My master document is a contract. The contract has lots of IF
+INCLUDETEXT fields pulling information from a heavily bookmarked
document.

The bookmarks may or may not include fields. For example, the contract
chooses from 'You're permanently employed...' and 'You're fixed
term...'. The fixed term bookmark includes a field of 'Fixed Term
Until This Date'. So the master document either gets paragraph A, or
paragraph B which includes fields.

The only quibble I've noticed is that I need to keep the bookmarks
document open and linked to the source data when I'm running the
actual merge. Are there other bumps in the road I should look out for?

Joe.