Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mike@ace

Default How do I save my default font settings for email when using Word?

I followed the help provided (e.g. MS Word | Tools | Options | General |
email Options | Personal Stationary - set New, Reply, Forward font boxes to
Arial, 12 pt.). As long as I leave Outlook open the font selection is OK.
Whenever I close Outlook and then reopen it, the fonts revert back to the
defaults.

I also tried making these changes in the normal.dot template to see if they
are recorded here, but no, that didn't work either.

Sure, I could leave Outlook open all the time, but we are required to log
off our workstations each night, so that won't fly.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Porscha

Hi Mike! I dont know if this will be much help, but did you check the box
"Always use my fonts" after you changed them?

"mike@ace" wrote:

I followed the help provided (e.g. MS Word | Tools | Options | General |
email Options | Personal Stationary - set New, Reply, Forward font boxes to
Arial, 12 pt.). As long as I leave Outlook open the font selection is OK.
Whenever I close Outlook and then reopen it, the fonts revert back to the
defaults.

I also tried making these changes in the normal.dot template to see if they
are recorded here, but no, that didn't work either.

Sure, I could leave Outlook open all the time, but we are required to log
off our workstations each night, so that won't fly.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mike@ace

Default How do I save my default font settings for email when using Wo

Porscha,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried "Always use my fonts" and "use my
font when replying and forwarding messages", but to no avail.

Mike

"mike@ace" wrote:

I followed the help provided (e.g. MS Word | Tools | Options | General |
email Options | Personal Stationary - set New, Reply, Forward font boxes to
Arial, 12 pt.). As long as I leave Outlook open the font selection is OK.
Whenever I close Outlook and then reopen it, the fonts revert back to the
defaults.

I also tried making these changes in the normal.dot template to see if they
are recorded here, but no, that didn't work either.

Sure, I could leave Outlook open all the time, but we are required to log
off our workstations each night, so that won't fly.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Porscha

Mike,

Sorry my last suggestion didnt help you out any. I tried to recreate your
problem on my PC, but I had no luck. One last thing I can think of that you
can try. Instead of setting your email options up in WORD go into
Outlook/Tools/Options/Mail Format under Stationary and Fonts choose Fonts and
change your settings there. It may or may not help, but it is worth a try.
Good Luck!!

Porscha

"mike@ace" wrote:

I followed the help provided (e.g. MS Word | Tools | Options | General |
email Options | Personal Stationary - set New, Reply, Forward font boxes to
Arial, 12 pt.). As long as I leave Outlook open the font selection is OK.
Whenever I close Outlook and then reopen it, the fonts revert back to the
defaults.

I also tried making these changes in the normal.dot template to see if they
are recorded here, but no, that didn't work either.

Sure, I could leave Outlook open all the time, but we are required to log
off our workstations each night, so that won't fly.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mike@ace

Porscha,

Again, thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, but as soon as I close
Outlook and reopen it the default fonts are back. Just a note regarding my
computer access rights. This is a work computer and the IT department
personnel are the only ones who have administrator rights. We use Windows
2000, SP4 and Office 2003. However, when they log in as administrator, they
don't have this same problem. The even tried giving me additional rights
(can't remember the term ~ superuser? or something like that), but that
didn't work either. They're stumped and I'm tired of needing to change my
fonts all the time so I thought I'd try the community approach.

Thanks,

Mike