Cecelia

Default Convert Word 2000 merge files to 2003

I have existing merge files in Word 2003 that pulls data from a FORMATTED
Excel Spreadsheet (ie. currency). In 2000, the formatting in the source file
was displayed in the merged document. Not so in 2003 - looks like you must
modify existing merge files & add switches to get the correct formatting.
That will be a lot of work... is there any other way? Can I convert my
existing merge files?
Peter Jamieson

You can still do it the old way (more or less) by checking
Tools|Options|General|Confirm conversions at open, going through the
connection process again, and selecting the DDE option when it is offered.

Peter Jamieson