Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Butterfly Bill[_2_] Butterfly Bill[_2_] is offline

Default Undoing automatic hyphenation on a single word in Word 2007

If I have selected automatic hyphenation in a Word 2007 document, and
I don't like the way it has done a single word, is there any way I can
override it and change it to something I like for that single word
without disabling the automatic function for the whole document? Or am
I stuck with having to do it manual for the whole doc?

-Butterfly Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Yes. Hyphenation is part of the proofing tools, so if you set a work to No
Proofing it will be excluded from Spelling, Grammar and Hyphenation. So just
select the word and mark it for No Proofing.

If you need to do this regularly, you can create a Character Style and apply
that by assigning a keyboard shortcut to the Style. If you need to exclude a
particular word throughout a very long document, you can use Search and
Replace.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Butterfly Bill" wrote in message
If I have selected automatic hyphenation in a Word 2007 document, and
I don't like the way it has done a single word, is there any way I can
override it and change it to something I like for that single word
without disabling the automatic function for the whole document? Or am
I stuck with having to do it manual for the whole doc?

-Butterfly Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On Jul 29, 3:15*am, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
Yes. Hyphenation is part of the proofing tools, so if you set a work to No
Proofing it will be excluded from Spelling, Grammar and Hyphenation.

So just select the word and mark it for No Proofing.

And how do I do that? What buttons do I push? I select the word, then
go to Page Layout, then everything I can possibly do with the
Hyphenation button results in the whole document being affected,
whether or not a word is selected.

(I have Help search for "proofing", and a get a list of results none
of which mention hyphenation.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Select the Word, then the Review Tab, Set Language and check the 'Do not
check spelling or grammar' option.

Terry

"Butterfly Bill" wrote in message
On Jul 29, 3:15 am, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
Yes. Hyphenation is part of the proofing tools, so if you set a work to
No
Proofing it will be excluded from Spelling, Grammar and Hyphenation.

So just select the word and mark it for No Proofing.

And how do I do that? What buttons do I push? I select the word, then
go to Page Layout, then everything I can possibly do with the
Hyphenation button results in the whole document being affected,
whether or not a word is selected.

(I have Help search for "proofing", and a get a list of results none
of which mention hyphenation.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On Jul 29, 4:50*pm, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
Select the Word, then the Review Tab, Set Language and check the 'Do not
check spelling or grammar' option.

That worked. Thanx.