Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
InOverMyHead[_2_] InOverMyHead[_2_] is offline

Default Page-Down vs. Screen-Down ??

Is there a way in Word 2000 to re-map the page-down key so that it takes you
down one page rather than one screen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amish Amish is offline

That key is an operating system control; it has always operated in the
same way because the key was designed before electronic documents were
mapped to 8.5 x 11 pages.

I don't recall the version when the Browse Object control appeared in
Word, but it is activated by [Ctrl]+[Page Down] and can be set to
browse by pages. You could always remap it if you'd like.

Also note that Microsoft patented the use of the key to move one page
at a time last August (http://v3.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/
biblio?CC=US&NR=7415666&KC=&FT=E), so you may soon get your wish by
default.

On Jul 22, 11:24*am, "InOverMyHead" wrote:
Is there a way in Word 2000 to re-map the page-down key so that it takes you
down one page rather than one screen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Also note that Microsoft patented the use of the key to move one page
at a time last August

Truly, the world has gone mad.

So now I can't write a bit of code that says "If there is enough of a
document to do so, scroll down a page" and assign a key to invoke it,
without paying a fee for it? Guess I'll just have to use two keys, say
Ctrl+PageDown :-)

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I'd want the feature the way it's
described in that patent.

--
Enjoy,
Tony