Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicolas Oggier Nicolas Oggier is offline

Default word 2007 problems

I have a amazing problem with Word 2007. When I open word document containing
a table or when I open a new document and I insert a table, I can not edit my
document (Typing, selecting etc...). Worst if I try to open the word options,
they are freezed. The only solution I have is to close and reopen word but
without working with tables.
I tried to create another profile and I do not have the sme behaviour....

Can anybody help me te get out of this????

Thanks

Nicolas Oggier
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nicolas Oggier" wrote:

I have a amazing problem with Word 2007. When I open word document containing
a table or when I open a new document and I insert a table, I can not edit my
document (Typing, selecting etc...). Worst if I try to open the word options,
they are freezed. The only solution I have is to close and reopen word but
without working with tables.
I tried to create another profile and I do not have the sme behaviour....

Can anybody help me te get out of this????

Thanks

Nicolas Oggier

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scorpioforu Scorpioforu is offline

I installed WORD 2007 a month ago and have been very happy with it. As a
writer, I recently submitted a manuscript that I had saved in a .doc format
to a literary agent, via email. I was horrified to learn today that for some
strange reason that all of my contractions are appearing as wasn=t instead of
wasn't.
I may be a total ninny when it comes to computers but I do know how to write.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? And PLEASE explain in
ninny language...

I would appreciate any help!

Becki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Had your document originally been created in WordPerfect? If so, it may have
contained apostrophes in the WP Typographic Symbols font. This is not
noticeable till the document is opened on a machine that doesn't have that
font installed.

"Scorpioforu" wrote in message
I installed WORD 2007 a month ago and have been very happy with it. As a
writer, I recently submitted a manuscript that I had saved in a .doc
format
to a literary agent, via email. I was horrified to learn today that for
some
strange reason that all of my contractions are appearing as wasn=t instead
of
wasn't.
I may be a total ninny when it comes to computers but I do know how to
write.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? And PLEASE explain in
ninny language...

I would appreciate any help!

Becki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scorpioforu Scorpioforu is offline

Suzanne,
Thank you for responding. Yes, the document was originally created in Word
Perfect about 6 months ago. I can't ask every literary agent and publisher I
submit to to install that font. Is there any other way to solve the problem?

Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately, the only way to solve it is to replace the characters in
question in your own document. To facilitate finding them, you might
temporarily uninstall that font (just move it from the Fonts folder to
another one); then you'll see the same problem in your documents and will
have to use Find and Replace to correct it.

Alternatively, locate one of the offending apostrophes, quotes, dashes,
etc., and copy/paste it into the "Find what" box of the Replace dialog. Type
the correct character into "Replace with" (just a straight quote or
apostrophe will do, as Word will AutoFormat them). Then Replace. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...aceSymbols.htm for more on
replacing symbols.