Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan JB Alan JB is offline

Default Maximise Screen Position

Hi,
When I choose to maximise my screen in word 2003 instead of filling the
screen It acyually drops to two thirds down my screen and disappears to a
third below the icon bar at the bottom of the screen.
Any ideas how to get this to maximise to the actual screen area?
I have had a look in the registry but cant find anything definiate
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug P Doug P is offline

I just started getting the same issue. I remember this being a common problem
back in Word 97 and it was a registry entry.

I just solved it by removing old temporary files from my profile directory.
Specifically C:\Documents and Settings\doug\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates and C:\Documents and Settings\doug\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP had old "~$" temp files. After removing those,
the problem went away.