Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
werdna werdna is offline

Default How to record audio in 'Outlining' mode? for Word 2007

I am a former Microsoft Word 2003 user (on a Mac OS X) and I loved using the
'Outline' mode where you could record audio with the built-in mic and it
corresponds with the notes you take. A fantastic feature.

Now I am using a Windows Vista computer with Word 2007 for work and I can
not for the life of me figure out how to use this feature? I can get to what
I believe is 'Outlining' Mode, but there doesn't appear to be any semblance
of a corresponding audio recording function.

Everything has changed with these new versions of Windows and Word and my
normally spot-on computer interface instincts have failed me with all of
these changes. Can someone please help me find this feature? Thanks in
advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
werdna werdna is offline

Thanks for getting back to me Suzanne. But does this feature exist at all in
Microsoft Word? I don't use OneNote and actually refuse to after a
co-worker's notes were lost on it. Can I voice record with Word? thanks.