Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jennster Jennster is offline

Default auto correct/ auto fill

I miss the auto fill/auto correct on MS Office 2007. I had it set up on
my XP/Word 2003 so when I started to type my name it would automatically
finish it for me, or the date, or the town I live in, etc. Will it ever
return?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lilly lilly is offline

I think if you go to the question mark and click for help you will be able to
type in auto fill or auto correct and some suggestions about that will
display.
You should be able to get it back.
Lilly

"Jennster" wrote:

I miss the auto fill/auto correct on MS Office 2007. I had it set up on
my XP/Word 2003 so when I started to type my name it would automatically
finish it for me, or the date, or the town I live in, etc. Will it ever
return?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As far as Word 2007 is concerned, there will be no autocomplete added.
Whether Word 2009 (or whatever the next version will be called) will have it
we will know in the fullness of time, but Microsoft is aware of the disquiet
its removal has caused. In the meantime you can use autocorrect instead
using suitable trigger commands e.g. I usually prefix autocorrect commands
with # thus #gm will enter my signature block.

Jennster wrote:
I miss the auto fill/auto correct on MS Office 2007. I had it set up
on my XP/Word 2003 so when I started to type my name it would
automatically finish it for me, or the date, or the town I live in,
etc. Will it ever return?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polaris Polaris is offline

This site may help.