Pat

Default how can I prevent a line from printing?

I'd like to put a note to myself at the top of a document but don't want that
line to print when I print the document. Is there a way to do this without
hiding the line since I wouldn't remember to unhide it each time I use the
document.
Anne Troy

You can choose to VIEW hidden text without choosing to PRINT hidden text.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Pat" wrote in message
I'd like to put a note to myself at the top of a document but don't want
that
line to print when I print the document. Is there a way to do this
without
hiding the line since I wouldn't remember to unhide it each time I use the
document.

Ann Scharpf

Highlight your text note. Click Format Font. Check the box that says
"Hidden."

The show/hide button will control whether the text appears on your screen.
When you have your paragraph marks displayed, the note will appear on your
screen. When you hide paragraph marks, the note will also disappear. (You
can also go into Tools Options to turn on the hidden text selectively but
usually working with the paragraph marks is good enough.)

By default, hidden text will NEVER print. That's the point of it. If you
want to print the hidden text, click on the Options button in the print menu
and you can select to print it.