Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dougmcr8 dougmcr8 is offline

Default unhide outlined numbered list

I have a chapter in which the outlined numbered list with only an "x" [i.e.
no real data available] is hidden in normal view. When the Reveal Formatting
is turned on the outline numbers can be seen and also the "X'. How do I tell
Word to unhide those hidden outline numbers and Xs? There are 3 little dots
under the X too. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Apparently those items have been formatted as Hidden text, which is a font
formatting attribute just like Bold or Italic. Displaying & printing the
Hidden content is just a matter of turning on the non-printing characters
(¶). The formatting can also be removed, altogether.

If it has been applied by a style you can simply edit the style to remove
the Hidden property. If the text was formatted directly you'll have to
select the text & remove the Hidden attrib just like removing Small Caps,
etc. You can use Find & Replace [and perhaps other conveniences] to do so.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/4/07 9:10 PM, in article