Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
paynedave paynedave is offline

Default Comma after company name in the address block

How can I remove the comma which appears in the company name field?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. There is a case for replacing the ADDRESSBLOCK by the individual
field you need, especially before Word 2007.

2. However, if the Addressblock works OK for you in all other respects,
you can probably fix this as follows:
a. use Alt-F9 to reveal the ADDRESSBLOCK field code, which might look
something like this:

{ ADDRESSBLOCK \f "_FIRST0_ _LAST0_ _SUFFIX0_
_COMPANY_,
_STREET1_
_STREET2_
_CITY_
_STATE_ _POSTAL_
_COUNTRY_" \l 2057 \c 2 \e "United Kingdom" \d }

b. If you see a comma after

_COMPANY_

you can delete it, and the problem should go away.

3. But bear in mind that
a. if you ever edit the Addressblock field in the dialog box that Word
provides for the purpose, Word will overwrite any changes you make, i.e.
re-insert the comma.
b. (this is for anyone tempted to make any other changes to the
addressblock field content) you can change the behaviour of ADDRESSBLOCK
in some ways (e.g. "trim" inside should be output if the field
(e.g. _COMPANY_ is non-blank and trim outside should always be
output, but some of the behaviour of ADDRESSBLOCK is hardcoded, e.g. you
have limited control over what appears in the first line)

Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

How can I remove the comma which appears in the company name field?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

paynedave wrote:
How can I remove the comma which appears in the company name field?

OK. I've followed that through, so thanks for your help.