Toney

Default Custom Dictionary for 'All Users'

Hi all,

I have a custom dictionary that needs to be put on a couple machines. Each
of these machines is used by at least three or four people. Is there a way to
have a single copy of the dictionary available to all the users or does it
have to placed in each users profile?

I looked around in the 'Application Data' directory for 'All Users' and
didn't see an obvious place to put a single copy.

Thanks

Toney
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG9uZXk=?=,

I have a custom dictionary that needs to be put on a couple machines. Each
of these machines is used by at least three or four people. Is there a way to
have a single copy of the dictionary available to all the users or does it
have to placed in each users profile?

I think you can "register" the custom dictionary from any available folder, via
Tools/Options/Spelling and Grammar/Custom dictionaries. Of course, you don't
want to do this for every user. It could be automated with a macro. But I'd
think you should also be able to add it to some Registry key, using a System
Policy. You might check the ORK (Office Resource Kit) and maybe ask in a more
specialized group, such as Office.Setup or word.setup.networking.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)